26 May Spring clean your Mac
Let us help you Spring clean your Mac.
At LogoSystems we are more than just support. The LogoSystems Health Check can help speed up, clean up and return your Mac to its former glory.
Firstly we run a full suite of Apple diagnostics, the official diagnostics used by Apple to eliminate any kind of hardware issue and check to see if your Mac would benefit from a memory or storage upgrade. We will discuss with you the pros and cons of any potential operating system upgrades and if there is a requirement, add it to the process.
We physically dismantle the Mac and carefully remove any dust and fluff pulled into the unit via it’s cooling fans and give the internal workings a full laundry service. We then rebuild the unit ensuring all screws are tight and in their correct places and replace any missing feet on the bottom cases of Macbook portable devices.
You will be amazed at how much dust and fluff can be dragged into your Mac via the cooling fans.
Click here to book your Mac in for a LogoSystems Health Check.
Here we list our top cleaning tips you can do at home to help your Mac run smooth the rest of the year:
- Start with your desktop – Its been widely discussed that Macs slow down when you keep too many files on the desktop. OS X automatically catalogs previews of files located there for quick viewing. So if not already common practice, its wise to get into the habit of saving files correctly in your Home or Documents folder.
- Check for updates – take this spring cleaning opportunity to update applications. To check for Mac updates, go to the Apple Menu > App Store. If updates are available, click the Update buttons to install them. To upgrade Microsoft Office programmes, open Word/Excel/PowerPoint and go to Help > Check for Updates.
- Clean up your HardDrive – uninstall unused apps. We recommend installing this free app cleaner to thoroughly uninstall apps from your machine. Once downloaded, open up your application folder & drag your unwanted apps into AppCleaner. Click here to install.
- Back up your files – we all know we should but when was the last time you backed up everything on your Mac? Important work files, irreplaceable holiday snaps, personal information… you’d be upset to lose them. Using Time Machine with an external HardDrive is the easiest way to keep an hourly, daily or weekly automatic back up. You can also back up using iCloud.
- Clean your Screen, Keyboard and Mouse – It’s a horrible thought, but your keyboard can harbour dozens of nasty bugs and a good clean every now and then is as good for you as it is for your Mac. We recommend you use an E-Cloth which can be purchased in our store or online via Amazon. Please follow the manufacturer instructions carefully, using the cloth alone will remove dirt and dust from the screen. You do NOT want to use any chemicals or harsh products on any part of your Mac, keyboard or mouse. You can follow Apple’s cleaning guidelines here.
Once you have completed these easy at home steps, book your LogoSystems Health Check via our website, here.